In addition to the rigorous academic instruction, Broadway’s students also receive other enrichment programs and services:
- District Arts Program - drama, visual arts, and music
- Student Chorus - grades 3 to 5
- STAR Psychomotor - weekly structured physical education
- Student Council - grades 3 to 5
- Share and Care Art Therapy - supports students’ social emotional needs
- Star After School Program - operates from dismissal to 6 p.m.
- Youth Services After School Program - open untill 6 p.m.
ART IN ACTION PROGRAM
The Art in Action Program provides a high quality, comprehensive visual art curriculum. Students learn about works of art from cultures around the world, how to look at art using art vocabulary and concepts; and how to express themselves by creating their own unique masterpieces. Supported by training classes and online resources, the unique spiral curriculum—introducing and reinforcing concepts through the 9 program levels—gives students a solid foundation in drawing, painting, and sculpture techniques. The multifaceted lessons develop students’ critical-thinking skills, creativity, visual literacy, self-esteem, and an appreciation of other cultures.
For more information about Broadway's Art in Action Program click here: https://sites.google.com/site/broadwayartinaction/